Construction management software is an invention that is still quite underused, despite the fact that it can go a long way in making any construction company’s work much quicker and easier than it is. It is a collective name used for a number of computerised systems developed for contractors and their main goal is always to make construction work more clear-cut, more efficient, and more cost-effective. Construction software can facilitate communication, decision-making, job scheduling, and various other elements of any construction business.
Here are some common key features of construction management software:
- Change orders – allows you to change any orders already made, after they’ve already been implemented. This gives you far greater control over the orders, letting you accommodate to any instance when the client might change their mind.
- Bid proposals – helps you better manage bids and submittals than the traditional way. With all bid proposals in one place, you no longer have to keep track of every individual e-mail in order to monitor the details – with construction management software, everything is in one place.
- Control over documentation – you have much greater control over who has access to which documentation; not only does this make any relevant documentation more easily accessible to you, but you can also easily ensure that no one who shouldn’t have access to the information will see it,
- Resources – lets you keep tabs on all your resources and equipment; it’s simple and easy, and you can always be aware of where each of your items, vehicles, etc. are at a given time, as well as when they are scheduled to be used for another project, greatly facilitating forward planning;
- Budgeting – helps in accurately estimating project costs, which in turn allows you to create more suitable budgets for projects, thanks to the more comprehensive view of the whole situation,
- Project scheduling – it’s much easier to properly schedule a project with a reliable database; all relevant factors are accessible to you at all times, so planning ahead is incredibly easy with construction management software,
- Purchase orders – you can easily access and tune all the purchases you need to make for your business, as well as easily follow all their types, quantities, prices, etc.
- RFIs (requests for information) and submittals – create, manage, and track RFIs and submittals,
- Transmittals – facilitated communication between all parties involved in a project.