The construction industry is one that is that can greatly benefit from the solutions ERP has to offer. Though originally conceived as a tool facilitating companies in the manufacturing industry, ERP is a comprehensive assembly of tools that can facilitate construction projects just as well as it does with projects in other industries. This is relevant especially today when ERP has already made leaps and bounds and been improved to the point that it’s the perfect choice for construction.
More and more large and medium-sized contractors are now using integrated software suites to take control of their projects in an efficient manner. But just knowing you want to implement an ERP solution isn’t enough. Here’s what you should look out for when choosing an ERP solution for your construction business.
- A robust financial offering
- Project life management
- Real-time information exchange
- Mobile access
- Document management
- Relationship management (CRM)
- Embedded analytics and business intelligence
- Comprehensive security features
All these features are key when it comes to choosing an ERP solution for construction companies, as they can improve your company’s functioning in several key areas. With the right ERP solution, you can:
- Save time – thanks to the number of functions involved in an ERP suite as well as how effective they are integrated together, you can save a lot of time on future projects. A lot of construction ERP software solutions come with a set of templates to make your life easier.
- Save effort – with the integrated tools that ERP offers, it is now much easier to properly handle your teams, schedules, project, client questions, etc. in a completely effortless manner. With automated responses you can let the system handle the mundane elements on its own while you focus on more important things.
- Save money – as the time you need to spend on individual aspects of projects is reduced thanks to templates and the like, so is the amount of money you have to invest in every project. By implementing reliable ERP solutions, you can gain more money on all your projects simply by saving on your effort.
- Avoid mistakes – as a competent ERP software suit can track all of the changes you make to your project, there is very little room for mistake. The best construction ERP software can help you make the best of the tools you have available so that your project can be as flawless as possible.